Sunday, May 3, 2009

Standing by to stand by


My Virginia visit with my mother last week included a visit to the Madison plantation (Montpelier), the Jefferson plantation (Monticello) and the Confederate States "White House" in Richmond, the home of Jefferson Davis. The best house tour was the White House of the Confederacy, pictured here. The tour guide was a historian who fielded all questions, from decor to history, with proficiency. The house was never owned by the Confederacy itself, but leased from the Commonwealth of Virginia. This house represents the reason for attacks on Richmond by the Union during the Civil War.

And so the lap of luxury continues. While I have been attending training, our group has had weekends free. My mother was kind enough to lend me her mountain bike so that I can explore this fine base in my free time. I need the exercise and the weather has been beautiful. I golfed 9 holes yesterday with a colleague and his folks. His dad was in the Air Force, so you know he was a superb golfer.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go...Please advise us Warrior Monks on your travels/experiences...
    Very informative. We miss you. Go fwd and do great things "Sparky/Igneus"


    Prolieator Vindico Lux Lucis ex Obscurum

    ReplyDelete