Friday, March 26, 2010

Demobilized

Since 19 March when I landed in North Carolina, I have been heavily involved with gear return and acclimation. Last night I landed in Alameda and was greeted by Richard at the airport. We had a late night bite to eat at La Pinata, the only late night restaurant here. We picked up a few items at the Safeway for breakfast the next day. It is so funny how things have not really changed much between us: the same one-liners, same habits ( I hate shopping with a basket or cart. I shop like a bachelor who just needs a couple of things, and Richard always calls me on this). I think that this deployment was harder for the person you left behind. They are the ones that need to fill in the gaps, while the deployed one has no time to think outside of the present. Perhaps we are a bit more grey than we were 365 days ago. We decided on oatmeal with raisins for our first breakfast.

Here at the Reserve Center in Alameda, I have been filling out forms and keeping my fingers crossed that my car will start.

It certainly is nice to be back.

2 comments: