Thursday, August 20, 2009

Precious cargo/Monthiverssary

I have arrived at my new ULTDUSTA with my pink tactical girl bike and eight other bags. This time around I will have a firmer mattress and a cubicled bedroom with a blanket for a door. It took me a couple of days to get here, but I had three beers along the way and a few swims in a beautiful pool. I went to the DFAC here and met two Safety guys, M and Malaria G. I introduced them to the cool table concept. They were a lot of fun and we walked after dinner, while they showed me around the place. I cannot wait to reassemble the pink tactical girl bike and explore the area. Malaria G tells me there is an informal cycling group called Jihad Garage.

This is my third month OCONUS BOG (boots on ground).

2 comments:

  1. I hope you will meet nice people that will help make the time go by as in the the other place.
    You thought you might be moving to another location.And now you have. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Darcy, love the posts, I have gotten my release from the JBB and I'm now home with loved ones. I returned to a heros welcome with signs and cake, what a day. Glad you got your PTGB up and running, a flat tire does make it an interesting day and contacts. Saw Jay in Florida and he says to say Hi! He gave me a copy of Frank Zappa's "A ship to late to save a drowning Witch" very cool since I'm a fan and don't have that edition. Talked to my daughter who tells me that you can now get epidurals with a "Tramp Stamp" so I don't know. Did managed to spend a whle 12 hours at the "D" and saw friends from my unit and a long lost friend on a C-17 ride. It was like homecoming. Chief R and I were fondly remembering the "KISS" for the patch to Jay and he had a good laugh over it. Will be looking for more posts and I'll let you into my world with family and friends, later secret squirrl. CT.Z

    ReplyDelete