Monday, October 12, 2009

Mustaches

Never fitting on females, and rarely on males. There are exceptions, however. Take Jason, a man whose face is merely a scaffolding, an enabling surface for a mustache. He shaved it soon after the compliments started flooding in, claiming that everyone saw the mustache, not the man. Then there are famous mustaches: Errol Flynn, Tom Selleck, etc. But to me the mustache is strongly associate with Navy Chief types. There is a LCDR whom I have been confusing for an E9, basically because the man has a mustache. He set me straight last night. What can I say? The mustache takes over. I pigeon holed him. I am reminded of Steve P, a contractor pilot type I met in Iraq, who grows a mustache inspired pattern on his face when he is out here working because his wife hates it. It's the only time he can run amok with his hirsute facial adornment. His wife is right on the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment