Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A complicated game of telephone

Today at Fort Jackson we participated in our final practical training evolution, a convoy involving 8 humvees. The training was very interesting from a communications and coordination standpoint. I wish that we had the opportunity to cover further convoy operations for a couple of days. Some of us will be in convoys in country, so we might have benefitted from further convoy training. Many of my shipmates here will be continuing their range and convoy training in Kuwait, living in coed tents without showers in the desert for a handful of days. I will not be joining them. I will be traveling to North Carolina for some further training specific to my job. I appreciate all the coordination by Alpha Company at Camp McGrady in order to make this convoy training happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment