Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fellowship with strangers


It is funny how hanging out with some folks whom you have never met can be so much fun. I went to the DFAC (dining facility) on an off time just to have a cup of tea. Met up with two fellows named Bill. I ended up laughing with them as I listened to their stories. It's always great to laugh.

Tonight I sat down with Alabama's own Air Force Master Sargeant McMunn. He's a real fan of the pecan pie here. I asked him what that goo underneath the pecans was. "That's the pie part," he responded. He also shared with me that there is a pinto bean pecan pie recipe (scroll to the bottom if you hit the link) that he says tastes just like pecan pie. Who knew.

1 comment:

  1. laughter is the great cure for all, keep up the company, Bill and Bill. That pie sounds like it covers all the food groups. Not bad, getting more protein while enjoying the sweet.

    ReplyDelete