Monday, June 15, 2009

Pink tactical girl bike


For the last few nights when I finish my shift (23:00), I have been riding the pink tactical girl bike out by the flight line. There is a very smooth service road that allows one to get a four mile ride in. Even though the air is particulate, it is stil a pleasure to get out there. This is the only time of day when it is cool enough to exercise.


I made the aquaintance of a Sargeant Major who was kind enough to put air in the fat tires of the pink tactical girl bike, not only that, he showed me the ropes on how to reach the service raod. Frank certainly is a crusty old Sargeant Major. He took his bike out with me and we had a swell time. Frank has been in the Army/Army Reserve for 33 years. This is his fourth tour. Every now and again I think that I will swing by to catch a ride with Frank. He knocks off around midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment