Sunday, November 15, 2009

That 4-1/2 hour difference

I operate on ZULU (GMT) time, but often coordinate with friends/events that operate on local time. Local time leads ZULU by four and a half hours. I have two alarm clocks at my bed side, one that I have printed with a Sharpie on the clear plastic face "LOCAL" and the other that is a ZULU clock. This morning I was having dreams, which I generally never remember, I was watching an imaginary music video with the Beach Boys singing Surfing USA. I realized that if I am having a dream of this caliber, I must be over sleeping. I rushed to the shower, letting the non-potable water sting my eyes as I endeavored to clean my body, I even made time to blow dry my hair. Back at the fabulous B-hut, I started to dress for the day, slipping on my watch I realized that I was incorrectly operating on local time. I had three and a half hours until I needed to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment