Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The BBQ Bistro

I finally visited the tented BBQ DFAC. It was one of the better meals -- (breakfast to me, lunch to mostly everyone else)-- I have had since I have been here: BBQ pork ribs, no sauce. It reminded me of the Bistro type DFAC in Iraq, but lacking in compelling company. I have been trying to add more variation to my routine, like going to different DFACs. Bonus feature: I parked the PTGB outside and it was there when I returned. I had my strong hot tea in hand while sitting outside on one of a few large concrete blocks, blocks with rebar loops sticking out of the sides. There I sat enjoying my morning tea, in my Navy PT gear, enjoying the fact that someone had painted these modest, stenciled words on the side of the concrete: GO NAVY.

No comments:

Post a Comment