Saturday, September 19, 2009

Mosquito bite

Lately it has been unseasonably hot. We had cooler weather earlier, I felt confident that I could go off my malaria meds (Doxy). After a late afternoon spin on the PTGB yesterday, I noticed a mosquito bite at the outboard end of the crease where my right arm bends. Horrors! I spoke to the guards, asking them if they ever get mosquito bites and if they are taking their Doxy. Yes, on mosquito bites, but no, they don't take the meds. As a friend of mine stated, "Where do they think you are Guadalcanal?" There were two malarial deaths here this year, I am told. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to comment b4. I can't believe they have you taking doxy. I took that for Lymes. It is the most horrible drug. It can really screw your system up. Talk about penicillin overload. Take some acidophilus to get your insides back to normal. I would be afraid of getting malaria,but.. The M drugs aren't much better. I guess you should try to avoid the bites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have been waiting for your take on this. Doxy really is crap. I am so grateful that I have gotten off it. As it turns out, I do not have malaria. Thankfully, I do not believe that my system is that screwed up from the Doxy. I only took it for two weeks, all told.

    ReplyDelete