Thursday, September 10, 2009

Smoked meat market

This morning I wasn't really up for a spin on the the PTGB, so I decided to walk to the exchange. I considered a haircut but there was a 45 minute wait. I walked to the back of the exchange and bought a cup of tea (a two-bagger) from Green Beans, and sat outside under the shaded area with picnic tables, lined with mostly young smokers. People just watch the world go by there. No one disquises the fact that they are checking you out. There aren't many places like this on the base. After my tea, I went to the exchange and purchased a vat of Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Creme. This is a lifesaver for my skin. I immediatedly applied it to my face and legs after I left the store. I walked north to the BBQ DFAC and had some BBQ chicken. Ribs are apparently what this DFAC is known for, and that's what I had yesterday. This time I had company, I met a nice pilot from Maine, former Navy. He shared with me that Jacksonville may be a good area for me to check out when I go on leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment